Wonder Weather!!

The weather here has been beautiful for the past few days. Though some hate cloudy, gloomy dark days. But overcast skies with rain and thunderstorms have a separate group of admirers, including me. And the best part of having such a weather during the lockdown is you don't get to blame the authorities for the potholes (read craters) or muddy puddles or the drainage systems to hide your general hatred for rainy days, as you will rarely have the chance to go out. The calming sound of drizzle accompanied by hot coffee or tea, along with pakoras in the evening is pure bliss. 

But never mind me, even after being a pluviophile I slept through the whole experience; can't help it as it was very cosy and I'm lazy. Though the best part is I didn't miss much as everyone made sure to upload tonnes of pictures, videos, voice records all over social media. Literally all over, as status updates and posts. Very sweet of them to show such passion as well as dedication. I was actually heartbroken when I realized that the past couple of days I missed seeing the 

Life in Lockdown, Weather, Quarantine, Sleepyhead

beautiful hues during sunsets. Purple, blue, pink, red, yellow, orange coloured pastels scribbled all across the sky. No amount of photographs can give the same feel. I guess I'll have to wait. Meanwhile random thoughts kept running on my mind as I sat back with my phone...

"It is true that with distance we realize the feeling of closeness. Just like there would have been no light without darkness. Value is only given as a response to utter scarcity; just as with rare gemstones. Everything is in place: the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the rivers. The ocean still meets the sky somewhere far away.  Everything is in place except for us. Or maybe we thought too much of our place as a civilization amidst nature on the face of mother Earth. The world united, yet divided. People dying to live while also accepting living with dying. Things left unsaid, praises awaiting to be showed upon, wishes and prayers murmured. Ego and arrogance faded somewhere between love and hope. Meanwhile in this time of struggle, greed and hate watch patiently since it isn't their time yet. The hues of the sky along with the greens wait eagerly to be looked upon more frequently. Ultimately, to be ignored in the busy everyday life soon again; as I and billions of other souls around the planet hold on tight for an eventuality. Every wall that surrounds each of us will remember our unity, courage and strength, kindness and love towards ourselves and others. Until then, let the breeze in through the windows and carry our stories of patience and determination that needs to be kept safe for generations to come."

As I listened carefully and looked up from my phone I realized it was raining again. I kept my phone aside then went ahead to sit by the window.

Comments

  1. this is so beautifully written and still so relevant in context of what we collectively are going thru in our outer self as well as in our sensibilities......love it girl❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg omg...Thank you so much...😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apt... Words.
    Rains+Songs+Tea my type of jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah indeed, I know...😁😁

      Delete
    2. The feeling in your words are wonderful. I think happiness comes when we let ourselves free with the rhythm of nature, fusion of innerself and outer self.

      Delete
    3. Really appreciate the fact that you took out time to go through it. Means the world to me!! I'm glad you like it.

      Yes agreeable. We are a part of nature and there lies an interdependence. We are bound to coexist. But we forget that thinking we are superior, trying to find solace in petty things.

      Delete

Post a Comment