A much dreaded week it was for the people all over the world. And yes people actually did lose their sleep. I had to rewrite this article several times, as it wasn't coming up to the mark. So I've no idea ultimately how it'll turn out. Better brace yourselves as I didn't get proper sleep, so this isn't what you all actually deserve but you will get it anyway. Somehow, that reminded me of Trump; anyone??
On one hand we are boxed in with positive COVID-19 cases surrounding us. Nation under lockdown which keeps on getting extended, food scarce, people unemployed, state government suppressing cases. People like me sitting at home showcasing our talents, while the poor bearing the brunt. Fear of death is snatching away everyone's sleep. The insomniac community suffers a lot already on normal days. This was pretty much the breaking point for them, myself included. Yes I'm a sleepyhead, but I tend to sleep at odd times, barring nights. Not cool, I know; but please don't judge. Unable to sleep I poke my friends way past midnight calling them online on social media to talk over texts, especially my best friend. And likewise for them as well. That is essentially how we keep our sanity; though mine is quite questionable.
On the other hand, there was that hideous asteroid which was deemed hazardous yet it was supposed to fly by earth, safely. Thank goodness it did, or else the bottles of hand sanitisers that some had bought to wipe off their gadgets would have got wasted. That now would have been a real tragedy. Oh by the way, a cyclone is brewing in the Bay of Bengal, that will probably head at our way in the second week. So meanwhile I am busy trying to figure out how much I've sinned and if I've a real chance. No no, not religious; just scared... Yes also may be a bit spiritual.
To top it all, legendary gems passed away. The world mourned as if they all belonged to our family and indeed they did. What an overall loss!! They will always be missed and remembered for their work.
For people who are having a hard time sleeping with everything that's going on around; I have included the tips in another article How to Beat Insomnia for a Good Night's Sleep These were suggested by my therapist to get proper sleep while I was battling depression last year, and also I've included a bonus tip which is a personal favorite and helps me a lot.
My abnormal sleeping patterns are self created. I binge watch webseries in the middle of the night. And somehow one day I found myself playing online Ludo at 5am that also after browsing the internet to find so as to why Japanese always use 'san', 'sama', 'chan' after their names. Then there are nights where I stare at the ceiling while diving into an ocean of thoughts. Some joyous while some haunting. I often peep through the curtains into the nothingness of the lonely night outside the quiet window. As slowly the darkness fades to give way to the light of the dawn. Maybe the morning star misses me for I am never there for the sunrise. The light of the dawn keeps getting brighter as an indication that the sun is about to come up. I gently pass away into deep sleep thinking...
For people who are having a hard time sleeping with everything that's going on around; I have included the tips in another article How to Beat Insomnia for a Good Night's Sleep These were suggested by my therapist to get proper sleep while I was battling depression last year, and also I've included a bonus tip which is a personal favorite and helps me a lot.
My abnormal sleeping patterns are self created. I binge watch webseries in the middle of the night. And somehow one day I found myself playing online Ludo at 5am that also after browsing the internet to find so as to why Japanese always use 'san', 'sama', 'chan' after their names. Then there are nights where I stare at the ceiling while diving into an ocean of thoughts. Some joyous while some haunting. I often peep through the curtains into the nothingness of the lonely night outside the quiet window. As slowly the darkness fades to give way to the light of the dawn. Maybe the morning star misses me for I am never there for the sunrise. The light of the dawn keeps getting brighter as an indication that the sun is about to come up. I gently pass away into deep sleep thinking...
"If exists there a reality somewhere,
Where happiness is in everyone's share."

Beautifully described... insomniac people can easily relate to this blog... Keep it up 👍
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!! 😊
DeleteWell described.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet of you...😊
DeleteBeautiful description of environment of sleepless night and the darkness now looming large in our earth . The bauty of natural night and the fearsome dark of today's earth.. the contrast is the great part of this writing.
DeleteNot everyone understands the depth of it all. Really appreciate it... I'm glad you liked it...❤️
Delete